The LEAF Marque
The LEAF Marque is an assurance system recognising more sustainably farmed products. It is based on LEAF’s Integrated Farm Management (IFM) principles. All LEAF Marque certified farms are independently inspected.
LEAF Marque certified farms can be found in 27 countries across the globe. All farms certified to the LEAF Marque standard care for the environment for example by:
· Using crop rotations to keep the soil in good health
· Carefully managing their hedgerows to provide a variety of habitats and food sources for wildlife
· Implementing a plan to create and enhance habitats to increase biodiversity
· Using plant protection products and fertilisers only when absolutely necessary
· Leaving a strip of land between hedgerows and crops to act as habitat for wildlife
· Recycling on-farm waste and conserving energy
· Improving water efficiency and quality
· Assessing the environmental impact of their farming practices
· Continually improving their farming practices and the environment
All produce from LEAF Marque certified farms has been farmed with care for the future of our environment, wildlife, countryside, food and animals.
For more information on LEAF Marque visit www.leafmarque.com