LEAF Open Farm Sunday 2023 Impacts!
Our Impact report is out now, and we’re delighted to share with you the impact that collectively you have had through opening your gates in June! Dive into this year’s incredible achievements and discover how we’re bridging the gap between the public and farming.
The results clearly show the huge value of farm visits in demonstrating the industry’s commitment to sustainability, boosting biodiversity, enhancing the environment and delivering nutritious food — today and for future generations! Some of our highlights:
- 170,900 visitors
- 21% were visiting a farm for the first time
- 89% said they felt more encouraged to buy British food
- 87% said visiting a farm had increased their trust in British Farming
- 88% said they learned something new about farming
- 96% say they now have a greater appreciation of the work farmers do
- 94% feel more connected to farmers
- 93% have a better understanding of what sustainably produced food means
- 64% say that as a result of attending an event, they are now doing things differently – such as buying more local produce, or supporting farm shops.
We extend heartfelt thanks to our dedicated farmers, helpers, supporters, and curious visitors for making it all possible. Together, we’re sowing the seeds of a sustainable future!
Sign up to our mailing list(s)
You are now subscribed!
You are signed up to the mailing list(s) you selected.