Join the LEAF Open Farm Sunday team!
The new LOFS Ambassador role is for someone who loves taking part in LEAF Open Farm Sunday and talking about it! Primarily it’s about helping to build our community of LOFS farmers – sharing ideas, answering questions, helping to promote LOFS and being one of 7 ambassadors for LOFS across Britain
LEAF Open Farm Sunday (LOFS) is farming’s annual open day. Managed by LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming), with support from leading food and farming organisations, hundreds of farmers across Britain open their gates to the public to discover the world of farming, food production and all that it encompasses.
2020 events saw LOFS take to the screen with LEAF Online Farm Sunday! It has proved hugely successful and is something we plan to develop with the support from a new team of LOFS Ambassadors.
All LOFS activity aims to build trust and understanding in food and farming, put farming back in the heart of communities and be great PR for British agriculture.
The new LOFS Ambassador role is for someone who loves taking part in LEAF Open Farm Sunday and talking about it!
Primarily it’s about helping to build our community of LOFS farmers – sharing ideas, answering questions, helping to promote LOFS and being one of 7 ambassadors for LOFS across Britain.
The main activities are:
- organising, promoting and running occasional online meetings (Zoom chats) to share ideas with LOFS farmers in your area
- promoting LOFS across your industry networks and on social media
- championing LOFS in meetings and at events
- being a spokesperson for LOFS in the press and media
- telephone support to new and registered LOFS host farmers
- feedback on LOFS activity in your area and participate in quarterly meetings with the full LOFS Ambassador team.
For this part time role (approx. 5 days a year), we are looking for an enthusiastic, approachable and proud ambassador of LEAF Open Farm Sunday; a good communicator, confident using technology, social media and promoting events. A social presence is desired but not essential.
What to expect from LEAF:
- Each LOFS Ambassador will receive guidance and support from the LOFS team at LEAF HQ.
- LEAF will pay pro-rata £200/day, for approximately 5 days’ work
- In addition, reasonable expenses incurred though the role will be reimbursed, such as milage (45p/mile) and other disbursements. Any travel/expenses over the value of £50 must be agreed prior to expenditure with the LEAF Open Farm Sunday Manager (Annabel Shackleton).
- You will be offered resources necessary to effectively look after your region.
Specific requirements will vary depending on the individual and the area. The main aim is to continue to make LOFS an ongoing success, building on achievements year on year.
To apply please send in information about your skills and relevant experience, to:
Application deadline: 8th January 2021. We will contact potential candidates the following week and the successful applicants will be notified by 28th January and the role will commence in February 2021.
Sign up to our mailing list(s)
You are now subscribed!
You are signed up to the mailing list(s) you selected.